While you’re out searching for just the right gifts this season, remember that you have a chance to make not only your recipient and yourself happy with your purchase, but to help others at the same time. Lots of presents out there give back to worthy causes, so buying a present can have a positive effect on the world. Here are some of our favorites this year.
- A bracelet that gives peace of mind - Alex and Ani'scollection with the Meditating Eye helps the wearer remember to relax and sends money to the David Lynch Foundation, a group “dedicated to working on the epidemic of trauma and toxic stress.” ($42)
- A cocktail holder that gives water to others - This pretty copper pineapple can be used as a fancy drinking vessel or a bar cart decoration and every sale gives access to one week of water to someone in need. ($99)
- Soft skin for a better world - It’s dry skin season, but this Lush Charity Pot body cream will keep skin smooth and smelling good and you can feel good knowing 100% of the proceeds from your present are donated to small grassroots groups working for environmental conservation and human rights. ($8)
- A blanket that will warm your heart - Baby, it’s cold outside which is why blankets are a classic holiday gift, but why not take it to the next level with one from Mitscoots Outfitters. They employ folks transitioning out of homelessness into stable employment and with every purchase, a blanket of equal quality is donated to a shelter. ($89)
- Cheers to charity - When you’re picking out wine for hostess gifts this holiday season, you can choose one that gives back. One Hope Wine allows you to contribute to all sorts of causes, from ending childhood hunger to supporting veterans, with each bottle you buy. ($25)
Source: Marie Claire